The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's blasting in your headphones?

Here's another band that never seems to fail to entertain me.

And I was not aware that a video for this song existed. Its typically weird from them.

One thing that music can do is heal you. From mending a broken heart to easing the pain from the loss of a loved one. It can even take away the pain that divorce brings to a little boy that just wants life to be the same just like it used to be. In the end, everything is Wonderful Now. Thank you Alex.

one of my favorite songs ever - here’s a little tidbit you may or may not know:

(1) The song music (not lyrics) borrows greatly from the Andrew Oldman Orchestra (a side project for a former Rolling Stones Manager), The Last Time - which in itself is a revision of The Rolling Stones The Last Time.
(2) Due to a plethora of lawsuits - and from what I’ve read - the Verve looked like they did everything right in the beginning, ended up having the rights to Bittersweet Symphony change hands several times, but The Rolling Stones just signed over the rights back to The Verve so there is a nice ending.

one of my favorite songs ever - here’s a little tidbit you may or may not know:

(1) The song music (not lyrics) borrows greatly from the Andrew Oldman Orchestra (a side project for a former Rolling Stones Manager), The Last Time - which in itself is a revision of The Rolling Stones The Last Time.
(2) Due to a plethora of lawsuits - and from what I’ve read - the Verve looked like they did everything right in the beginning, ended up having the rights to Bittersweet Symphony change hands several times, but The Rolling Stones just signed over the rights back to The Verve so there is a nice ending.
Yes I had heard that. I have heard all the snippets that they say were "borrowed" and most were a very Long stretch , some were slightly similar !! I am glad Verve got it back. Richard Ashcroft now gets to enjoy the royalties for the song he wrote which the rolling stones had the rights to for 22 years before Ashcroft and The Verve got it back in 2019...
BTW , thanks for the comment since others might not have been aware of that.......

Yes I had heard that. I have heard all the snippets that they say were "borrowed" and most were a very Long stretch , some were slightly similar !! I am glad Verve got it back. Richard Ashcroft now gets to enjoy the royalties for the song he wrote which the rolling stones had the rights to for 22 years before Ashcroft and The Verve got it back in 2019...
BTW , thanks for the comment since others might not have been aware of that.......
You are so right - I think they went to the label for Andrew Oldman Orchestra and asked to borrow some chords - but I own both versions - and other than tempo - it is definitely more than a few snippets

Ironically - when I listed to either of those and compare to the Rolling Stones - you can tell that this is the basis of the other two but not nearly as similar as the two “remakes”

I was looking through my YouTube history looking for a song I wanted to post here and came across this......

I'm not much for watching other people play video games but this guy is hilarious.

It always cracks me up. Especially when he starts yelling NO!!

Back