The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's blasting in your headphones?

Back when this particular song came out, I was heavily into a lot of rock bands (Metallica, Def Leppard; AC/DC, ect.) so it came as a surprise to my friends at the time that I really liked this band (yes, its the name of a band....but the singer has the exact same name....I don't understand it either). Of course, only a few of my friends knew that I have always loved all kinds of music and this wasn't a weird thing.

Sade (the singer) was in the band Pride as the backup singer and she and the sax player started writing some songs on the side. One evening, they recruited a few other members of Pride to help them play as the opening act for Pride.....and Sade (the band) was born. Before long, more people were turning up to see Sade (the band) than to see Pride. So Sade (the band) took Sade (the singer) and several other members of Pride and went and got very famous....they even won the Grammy for best new artist in 1986.

I absolutely love Sade (the singer)'s voice on this song.

Back