The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's blasting in your headphones?

Siouxie Sioux was one of the few people that was present when The Sex Pistols played their first gig and she made the most of that moment...playing her newly formed band's first gig with Sid Vicious as the drummer for the Banshees. Later she would have to recruit Robert Smith from The Cure after the Banshee's guitarist quit during a promo tour. She was the starting point for the goth music scene and there were at least a dozen girls in my high school that looked just like her back in the 80's.

I wasn't a fan at first but I've come to realize how much of an influence she was. She made some incredible music and she established a look that is instantly recognizable.

Siouxie Sioux was one of the few people that was present when The Sex Pistols played their first gig and she made the most of that moment...playing her newly formed band's first gig with Sid Vicious as the drummer for the Banshees. Later she would have to recruit Robert Smith from The Cure after the Banshee's guitarist quit during a promo tour. She was the starting point for the goth music scene and there were at least a dozen girls in my high school that looked just like her back in the 80's.

I wasn't a fan at first but I've come to realize how much of an influence she was. She made some incredible music and she established a look that is instantly recognizable.

Great pick for jams! I love their rendition of The Passenger.

I just watched kiss them for me and she looks like Aunt Petunia from Harry Potter !!

kissthemforme.jpgimages (1).jpg

My favorite part about this song is that its her voice against her husband's guitar....and Pat wins...hands down! I mean, he literally lays down a blistering solo and she immediately makes you forget he was even there by blasting out the final verse of the song. Pat is a singer, few can match in range and power. I'm always blown away by her.

My favorite part about this song is that its her voice against her husband's guitar....and Pat wins...hands down! I mean, he literally lays down a blistering solo and she immediately makes you forget he was even there by blasting out the final verse of the song. Pat is a singer, few can match in range and power. I'm always blown away by her.

When I saw her live in 79 I didn’t even realize she had a band. 😂

So yesterday's Pat Benatar selection got me deep diving her catalog and I forgot how much I loved this song. Again, its her vocal that just knocks this track out of the park for me. Also was reminded that at the time this song came out, the girl I was dating looked very similar to Pat....same hair cut and everything. The 80's were a very stylish decade.

@heysi One of the girls I dated back in the 80's looked like Tiffany..

It was funny because she actually would get mistaken for her when we would be out sometimes... Of course we only lasted for a few months back then before we both moved on to others....

So yesterday's Pat Benatar selection got me deep diving her catalog and I forgot how much I loved this song. Again, its her vocal that just knocks this track out of the park for me. Also was reminded that at the time this song came out, the girl I was dating looked very similar to Pat....same hair cut and everything. The 80's were a very stylish decade.

@heysi One of the girls I dated back in the 80's looked like Tiffany..

It was funny because she actually would get mistaken for her when we would be out sometimes... Of course we only lasted for a few months back then before we both moved on to others....
3vumvx.jpg

Just a Side note ( C.C. DeVille and I almost got in a fight back stage at one of their concerts Because he hit on my girlfriend at the time that was there with me. We worked out our differences though because of a friend of mine.. ) They ( poison ) were a garage band living next to a friend of mine who had family in SC when they made it "BIG" .. Before they became famous they came with my friend to visit his family and we all hung out and "went cruising" (You guys remember doing that when we were younger?) well CC was hanging out of the t-tops trying to pick up this girl we saw and she told him "get a haircut you freak and get a real job" well after they went back to California they posted flyers about a show they were gonna do and from there they blew up into what they became. I saw that girl again while "cruising" a few months later and she said "why didnt you tell me who he was" I was like to bad it shouldn't have made a difference !!

Back