The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What ya eatin?

Nice board, Dave. :love: I love veggies (and could easily give up all meats, including fish) but the last time we made a veggie lasagna, the zucchini we used to separate the layers instead of pasta just didn't work out properly. What are you using?

@woodpusher I’m using zucchini too, but read in the recipe comments if you cook them in the oven first they don’t release as much water and make it all sloppy. We shall see. Usually my kitchen experiments end up as a fail.

I’ve done lasagne with eggplant. I have to imagine zucchini would be firmer if you used the smaller fruits.

@woodpusher I’m using zucchini too, but read in the recipe comments if you cook them in the oven first they don’t release as much water and make it all sloppy. We shall see. Usually my kitchen experiments end up as a fail.
When I’ve made it I salt the zucchini “noodles” a bit and put them between towels. Draws out a lot of the moisture.

I think our zucchini needed to be cooked more, as you couldn't cut through with a fork. The suggestions to pre-cook or salt them might be a big help.

Steam the Zuchiini 1st then squeeze out excess water, or cover in salt then rinse right before using, wont have a moisture issue

So the “lasagna” was a surprising success with everyone. There was a lot of liquid still. With pound of mushrooms it’s probably a given, but easy enough to get out a piece and leave the liquid behind. I27think it tasted like a pizza without the crust :)

Back