The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What ya eatin?

Tonight my wife requested fish pockets with couscous. The pockets had a filet of Tilapia, salt, pepper, thyme, olive oil, butter, white wine, tomatoes, orange bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, zucchini, scallions and a slice of lemon. And as requested, it was accompanied by multi color couscous made with salt free chicken bullion, olive oil and butter. Everything came out nicely except I really need to find a way to add some more flavor to the couscous.

IMG_0145-1.jpeg

Are plane tickets included with this afternoon’s banquet? :love:
Tickets are really cheap right now!

Sweet mercy Don. I know there are only 2 in your household.
It was a little Mother's Day celebration. Just my wife and I...My Brother and his significant other...and my Mom. I live in the same subdivision as my Mom...she is only a street over (literally a three minute walk).

He's eating for two now.
Hey...I was eating for two before! What am I eating for now? Three...maybe four?

OH DEAR LORD DROOL< DROOOL, DROOL
Sorry everyone.... @dangerousdon wins this round!
indeed he does!
Thanks guys! The Boiled Crawfish always looks good in the pics.

Dave, I don't believe you are using the Tony's. I mean...how can your stomach handle that much Spice?

It says great on EVERYTHING
It is great on everything...in the right amounts. Just don't do what Chad did and use it as a rub on his steaks. 🤪

@dangerousdon that is a brilliant spread. The last time I saw that many crawdads, I was with two old army buddies and we were killing them and pitchers of margaritas....great night!
Thanks! It was a simple boil. Just the basics. Potatoes, Corn, Garlic, and Onions. Usually we have Sausage, green Beans or Asparagus, and Pineapple with the boil. But it was just five of us...so we just basically had a sack of crawfish.

Thanks guys for the great comments. This is basically the last call for crawfish. We might be able get some through the month of June...but they start to get really small at that point. Anyway...I love crawfish and it's two bad we didn't have more gatherings this year because of the stuff going on. But the couple I did have, it was with the people I care the most about!

Jarlsberg Red Onion Mayo Spread on Almond Flour Crackers

Recipe in the Cook Book thread both 2 net carbs per serving with Keto Crackers Spread had 0 net carbs

IMG_1261.jpg

Tonight we went with steak. I marinated some skirt steaks for a few hours. The marinade was teriyaki sauce, soy sauce (both low sodium), Worcestershire Sauce, garlic powder, pepper and fresh rosemary leaves from our rosemary tree on the deck. Then on the grill they go. As an accompaniment I went with some mini peppers. Very simple. Tossed them in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, kosher salt and roasted them in the oven. The steaks were thicker than I am used to seeing them and as a result they were nice and juicy and tender inside. And OMG! I actually took some pics this time. Not great ones but at least they are something. And no comments about how little food was on my plate. I need to lose 40 pounds. We'll just leave it at that.

IMG_0147.jpeg

IMG_0148.jpeg

IMG_0149.jpeg

Back