The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What ya eatin?

Below is pasta made Banza. It’s a chickpea based pasta and solid alternative
I'm going to disagree here. I personally would rather go without. I find that Miracle Noodle (or Shiritaki Noodle ore Konjac Noodle) is a better alternative. Although I find it works better in more Asian style dishes. Palmini works okay (a "noodle" made from hearts of palm) but tends to release a lot of water in the cooking process.

Look...not really bashing...if you like it...then you do you. After all, a couple years ago my doc was throwing around the Diabetes word also. Scared the crap out of me. I am willing to sacrifice some of my foods to stay healthy. Hope you find a path that works for you.
Does take some getting used to though.
This is an understatement.

I prefer shiritaki as well, other than the 15 minutes of col water rinsing. I do like that it absorbs the flavors you cook in

I’m open to all alternatives. :)
So I will definitely check out the recommendations above. I do miss eating stuff like udon noodles though.

For rice it’s been tough bc all Asians love just plain ol white rice. Nowadays, I do a combination of white rice, brown rice, rolled oats, and lentils. Healthier with more fiber and protein. Still it’s all about portion control.

Here are the ones I have been getting. They need to be rinsed well because they have a bit of a funk to them but they are not too bad once you get used to them.

I was going to ask what shiritaki noodles were, but after closer inspection of my photo, they are apparently what I have been getting, LOL,🤪
1639679428695.png

Here are the ones I have been getting. They need to be rinsed well because they have a bit of a funk to them but they are not too bad once you get used to them.

I was going to ask what shiritaki noodles were, but after closer inspection of my photo, they are apparently what I have been getting, LOL,🤪
View attachment 70308
Same here

Back