The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

I might need to get my hands on this. Pine needles, oakmoss, Castoreum, cedar, civet & agarwood with those top & mid notes sounds truly inviting for me. Yes, I'm one of the weirdos that actually likes the Pine Tree scented car freshener trees available everywhere (my daughters hate getting in my SUV when going out somewhere. I purposely add 2 to 3 extra trees plus a couple sprays from a scented sprayer of the same and take the long route to our destination just to see their petrified faces & the look. I giggle immensely though, they do crack the windows regardless if it's freezing outside) aa I always have half a dozen or so on hand at all times.

It's sheer craziness and at times without explanation why I love specific fragrances. As Russel Brandt once stated on the Bill Maher Show about the state of modern day media news outlets, "It's a practice of full nutcrackery" that I apply to the fragrance world as well. Que sera, sera....

giphy (3).gif

Aquatic (light saltiness that works), Leather & Patchouli that grounds the fragrance beautifully. Truly a nice composition that can be worn all year long. Not sweet (there is some but, not to the extent of the syrup bombs of today) nor to bitter or overly dry. Just a real good mix of masculine notes that are blended to near perfection.

Kenzo Homme Eau de Parfum '22.

20240924_180058.jpg

Back