The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Carner Barcelona - El Born
Named after a trendy district of Barcelona. This is another juxtaposition scent, like Viridarium. Here we have a visit to a Spanish bakery, the smell of honey and bread in there air, mixed with the now standard woody man smell. It works very well, and is in the Carner wheel house of elevated designer scents with a Spanish twist. I'm not a huge fan of that standard woody aroma chemical, but if I'm going to have something with it, this works. Feels both classy and homey at the same time.

Carner El Born.jpg

The forebears of TF Oud Wood. This is where it all began. Light & airy that unfortunately lacks the legs to hang for a full day but, the commanding scent presence is undeniable and unique to this creatin. The Extreme version is fantastic as well but, it fits more towards cooler days or evening wear when out and about town on a dinner date, a suited up formal affair or equally as easy to wear at the local watering hole. Nevertheless, the OG still is the one for warmer days and nights and still to this day I believe it to one of the best if not the best creations by Tom Ford, ever.....

20240909_173028.jpg

And that iiiiiiiissss.....

giphy-downsized.gif

MDCI - Chypre Palatin
(Sample bought in a niche shop in Stockholm.)
Yep, I like this quite a bit. IMHO not for everyone, it's 100% a classic fruity chypre with a bit of dusty powder, with a subtle modern twist, that makes it feel very wearable to me. But I really like this kind of chypre when it starts getting cold and dark.
I'm just surprised at the almost cult like status it's attained since it's so much just a well done classic, that in it's day would have been found in the women's section of the dept. store.
But, thank god none of that matters any more, this is solidly on my Christmas list for this year.

Back