The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Job_1170_fullsize_grey_DL.jpg

Onto the scent for the day thanks again to Gus @GlazedBoker Guerlain Homme Eau De Parfum

Here's how it;'s described online:
The perfume reveals itself in three horizontal beats. You can listen to it as you would to a musical stave where the notes form chords and respond to one another. To begin with, the Mojito chord resonates with persistent freshness and determination. A zest of limette, slightly bitter and pungent; a few peppermint leaves, shaved to reveal their strong herbaceous aroma; a generous measure of real Jamaican rum.

The second chrod, Fresh Floral, is sophisticated: the leaves and petals of pelargonium, a sort of geranium, rings a green mentholated note to echo the Mojito; and green tea adds its rather harsh, aromatic accents, bitter in a manly way.

The third facet, Green Woody, combines the elegant firmness of cedar with the savage vibration of a vetiver pulled fresh from the earth. You can also recognize the distinctive mark of Jean Paul Guerlain. By suggesting the addition of rhubarb, he introduces bitterness and a bite which further echoes the freshness of the top notes.

I get the Fresh Mojito scent all throughout. This is just a VERY well done fresh for the summer scent and a buy for me down the road to add some fresher scents selections to my den. Dave Likey !!! Can't believe I'm getting to the point I'll need to thin down the scents in the den to narrow things down...............
1582200218155.png

1582375845527.png

Topped off with Tom Ford Noir Extreme from @GlazedBoker Here's what was said from 2 sources as I read the 1st and was thinking I smell wood and they make no mention of it. Yep, next description had more in it......

1st-Tom Ford Noir Extreme eau de parfum spray gives men a dynamic woody scent to match their daring personalities. Fashion designer and filmmaker Tom Ford launched this fragrance for men in 2015, re-imagining his 2012 and 2013 Tom Ford Noir fragrances. Strong Far East influences make this a rich scent that takes you beyond ordinary. Top notes featuring the citrus of mandarin oil and the spice of cardamom blended with several middle notes including Himalayan snow and nutty-sweet pistachio. A complex set of base notes balances deep amber to close this unique composition. Show your bold side with this special fragrance.

2nd-Tom Ford Noir Extreme by Tom Ford Cologne. Indulge yourself with Tom Ford’s Noir Extreme, a sensual potpourri of spicy, powdery, and gourmand scents. This one’s a real charmer. An initial spray reveals tingling notes of mandarin, bittersweet saffron, citrusy neroli, nutmeg, and sweetly resinous cardamom. The main layer couples floral aromas of balsamic mastic resin, rose, sweet jasmine, and orange blossom with kulfi, an Indian dessert. The base is alive with creamy tinges of vanilla and sandalwood.

What I get: Never got any citrus but A nice dark and creamy spice, amber, wood and vanilla. I'm sure there's more in there but this is my take. I really like this and will enjoy it for the day. Have a Stupendous Day Cadre !!!

Back