The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

lv2Elq7.jpg

1582032452249.png

I went with a light scented aftershave of Gent's Gin as I want to see how wanted the fragrance today to stand out. Going with my 1st from the latest batch from Gus @GlazedBoker Guerlain L'Eau

Here's what is stated online about it:

Guerlain Homme L`Eau was presented in 2010 as an ice-fresh fragrance which opens with citrusy accords of bergamot, grapefruit and mint, adding geranium, rum and lime. The fragrance was created by perfumer Thierry Wasser, while the Pininfarina designers worked on flacon design.

Here's my simpleton take: Honestly it is a fresh scent that I just get the light scent of citrus on initial spray. From what I've read it doesn't have a great longevity but as it's drying down I get some of the background sweetness with the Citrus. Just a nice fresh bright scent.

1582113221185.png
Onto the scent sample for the day from Gus @GlazedBoker Guerlain Homme L'eau Boisee so I assume this replaced the L'eau from yesterday that is no discontinued. Here's what the higher paid people say:

"Guerlain Homme L'eau Boisee Cologne by Guerlain, A new and exciting twist for a cologne, Guerlain Homme L'eau Boisee is an innovative and alluring blend. Standout notes include vetiver, grass, lime, mint, woodsy notes, geranium, rum and musk. Vetiver especially creates the backbone of the concoction by imbuing it with the magic of the Southeast Asia grass."

Here's my layman's take: A light green fresh scent so I get the Vetiver for sure but that's about it for me as it's all so well blended that I don't get any of the individual notes listed but that ain't unusual for me. Big nose and small on the sniffing ability..........

View attachment 17395
Onto the scent sample for the day from Gus @GlazedBoker Guerlain Homme L'eau Boisee so I assume this replaced the L'eau from yesterday that is no discontinued. Here's what the higher paid people say:

"Guerlain Homme L'eau Boisee Cologne by Guerlain, A new and exciting twist for a cologne, Guerlain Homme L'eau Boisee is an innovative and alluring blend. Standout notes include vetiver, grass, lime, mint, woodsy notes, geranium, rum and musk. Vetiver especially creates the backbone of the concoction by imbuing it with the magic of the Southeast Asia grass."

Here's my layman's take: A light green fresh scent so I get the Vetiver for sure but that's about it for me as it's all so well blended that I don't get any of the individual notes listed but that ain't unusual for me. Big nose and small on the sniffing ability..........
Lighter/fresher than Guerlain Vetiver?

Back