The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

BJ3yMVd.jpg

Topped off SV Opuntia with a sample fragrance that they keep putting in all my purchases so they are pushing it hard. "Exceptional, Because You Are" actually pared really well with Opuntia. It comes out with a blast of Citrus at the open and dries down to just a nice fresh scent to me. Here's what the hyped up marketers say:

Created in 2008 by Exceptional Parfums, Exceptional Because You Are is for the man who wants to make his presence known wherever he goes. This eau de toilette spray picks its top notes from exhilarating citruses, tantalizing pineapple and refreshing melon before sinking deeper to expose the cool and crisp notes of mint and violet leaves. The outcome of this aromatic fruity combination is a delicate and elegant scent that gives the perfect finishing touch to a noteworthy look.
1581854020617.png

Amouage Sunshine Man

So today's soap choice was based on my final Sample from @Smattayu and actually the one he offered kindly to me before sending a bunch of samples. California Sunrise was originally a limited release in the premium base by CBL Soaps at the request of @Dagwoodz I believe and I happened to jump on a tub. Glad I did ! While scent strength is light it is their and has the typical amazing performance of Chris' soap. So onto what inspired the soap...........Amouage Sunshine Man. Here's what is said on the web about it:

Sunshine Man is a spicy and romantic fragrance expressing a retro-chic interplay of freshness and sensuality. Opens with lavender, orange brandy, everlasting flower, middle notes are bergamot, juniper berry, clary sage and base notes are cedar wood, Tonka bean and vanilla
Above average longevity.

I get an initial citrus opening and the warm spice and wood dry down vanilla subtly in the background. I like this one and am glad to try it but don't know if I'll ever pull the trigger on it as it's pricey. It can be found reasonable though. I saw it as high as @$350 for 3.4 oz on Amazon to a low of $146 for 3.4 oz on Fragrancenet.com which is the best place price wise that I found for most of the fragrances I've bought.

1581938540264.png

Back