The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Morning - ADG Absolu Instinct

Evening - Tom Ford Oud Minerale

Ah part of my sniff journey yesterday took me by the Tom Ford counter. (Where I accidentally knocked the big jar of test strips on the floor thanks to my bulky jacket.)

I wanted to make sur it was Our Minerale that I'd tested before. It was, and I can tell my nose is getting better, it just smelled good. Probably too good, but it's really got a wonderful Minerale accord. The Old Wood was also quite nice and to my nose in a similar vein.

1582544265406.png

Another from the House of Guerlain and House of Gus @GlazedBoker

Guerlain L'homme Ideal L'intense described as:

Aromatic and woody, L'homme Ideal L'intense cologne wields a strong hand to bring forth a new level of masculinity. Launched in 2018, this scent is at once able-bodied and smooth, getting off to a feisty start with such spices as chili pepper and cardamom and blends with the creaminess of tonka bean. Bulgarian rose, labdanum and leather compose the warm heart of the scent, and base notes of warm vanilla, sandalwood, patchouli and smoke give the scent a strong and durable finish.

I get the Spicy/creaminess at the start which is quickly overtaken by the soft leather. As it dry's down I sense the warm vanilla and woodiness with a definite smokiness. I like it after a few minutes and will see what it does as time goes by today. Have a swell day Cadre !!

Histoires de Parfums 1725 Cassanova

IMG_8059.jpeg

I didn't like this one at first. I guess that why it's good to go back to samples, right? I've come to really love it as a great fresh powerdery citrusy scent. It's on my buy a bottle of list, it's just something you can wear everyday easily.

One thing I keep finding with my favs from this house is they are kind of shape shifters. One day I get this, another that. Noir Patchouli has that effect as well. And they are also both elegant powdery scents. Hum.

As I've said before, the biggest thing I get from this house is modern takes on classics that don't feel dated somehow. Especially after doing a scent run on classics yesterday. They did strike me as smelling from another time, and these don't. No idea how that works.

Close to 60 degrees today. Opted for a fresher and clean scent. A clean, youthful (not brash or in your face sweet) yet invigorating scent. Takes the OG Chrome and makes it more mature with woods, Tonka bean and light white florals giving it a very creamy and fresh sophisticated vibe. Azzaro managed to combine a fresh and oriental spice vibe that works very well.

4BB9EB70-6C95-4691-8DB5-17648B07C601.png

Ah part of my sniff journey yesterday took me by the Tom Ford counter. (Where I accidentally knocked the big jar of test strips on the floor thanks to my bulky jacket.)

I wanted to make sur it was Our Minerale that I'd tested before. It was, and I can tell my nose is getting better, it just smelled good. Probably too good, but it's really got a wonderful Minerale accord. The Old Wood was also quite nice and to my nose in a similar vein.
Yes, out of the handful of TF fragrances I’ve tried, Oud Minerale is far and away the best. I found Oud Wood to be more sweet and actually less woodsy, but that one was on a tester strip, I have a real sample awaiting the freeing up of an atomizer that I must get to.

Tuscan Leather was nice but very sharp peppery leather to the nose. The long term dry down was much more pleasant. I do want to see if I can get a sample of the more widely liked Ombré Leather to find the difference.

Yes, out of the handful of TF fragrances I’ve tried, Oud Minerale is far and away the best. I found Oud Wood to be more sweet and actually less woodsy, but that one was on a tester strip, I have a real sample awaiting the freeing up of an atomizer that I must get to.

Tuscan Leather was nice but very sharp peppery leather to the nose. The long term dry down was much more pleasant. I do want to see if I can get a sample of the more widely liked Ombré Leather to find the difference.

Shoot me a pm. I'll get a decant of Ombre Leather out to you and see if it's up your alley.

Back