The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Le Galion - Bourrasque
This really came to mind after wearing Chypre Palatin a couple of days ago. And yeah I love this stuff, opens with a real burst of sweet and sour the way only those old style chypres seem to do, that doesn't last long before the oriental elements come in give a dusty trade wind vibe. When I first got into fragrances, I couldn't understand this type of thing, but I'd try the sample and every so often it would call me back. I had to take a few olfactory growth steps, learn to like rose, learn to appreciate classics, etc.
But yeah, now, this stuff does it for me. And now that the season is changing, I see a full bottle in my future. :)

WeinerBlut - Klubwasser

A real green delight, grass, fresh banana peel, patchouli. This has become an unexpected favorite of mine. I don't generally like the banana peel type of green but the way in interacts with the more grassy elements above, and dark patchouli below do something where the sum is greater than it's parts, and I love it. Probably my favorite 'green' purchase of the year. Glad we went to see Jeff Acuri in Stockholm this year, or I'd never have gotten a chance to try it.

WeinerBlut Klubwasser.jpg

were_not_worthy_waynes_world.gif

Back