The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

9fee3a76a78adfb6fa5cd2b7893a0b27b66049b6633a110d3107df1f67a3fac5.jpg

Maria Candia Gentile - Gentile
For me this is the quintessential herbal fougere, pity it's such an unknown house because I'm sure many of you guys would appreciate it.
I had a big day today, I told my self this year no matter what I'd take the Finnish language test required to apply for citizenship here. But today I took it, after a month of getting tutored. For this was a big deal, I never thought I'd have the confidence or energy to try. It wasn't that bad, but altogether it took over 5 hours. A lot of that was just bureaucracy though.
I'll know how it went in about 2 months, but I already know I smelt great. :)

Maria Candida Gentile Gentile 2.jpg

Maria Candia Gentile - Gentile
For me this is the quintessential herbal fougere, pity it's such an unknown house because I'm sure many of you guys would appreciate it.
I had a big day today, I told my self this year no matter what I'd take the Finnish language test required to apply for citizenship here. But today I took it, after a month of getting tutored. For this was a big deal, I never thought I'd have the confidence or energy to try. It wasn't that bad, but altogether it took over 5 hours. A lot of that was just bureaucracy though.
I'll know how it went in about 2 months, but I already know I smelt great. :)

View attachment 135582
How does one say the phrase “poo poo pee pee” in Finnish? 🤔

MCDI - Chypre Palatin
I got a sample of this a while back and have been waiting for the right day to try it.
Revered by some as one of the greatest masculine chypres, reviled by others as grandmother's cheapie.
I'm in the neutral camp there. It's not overtly masculine, but any one can wear anything. It's a very nice fruity oriental chypre, and done very well IMHO.
I personally really love the sweet and sour nature of this style of chypre so I firmly like it, but it's pretty spendy, so that will keep me using the sample and comparing to another similar one I have a large sample of, Le Galion Bourrasque, which has been on my wish list for a while now.

Glad I tired it for sure, it's always on a list of best chypres. In reality, it brings nothing new to the genre, but I don't think that every perfume needs to. Sometimes it's more about the quality of execution, and this get high points for that. Firmly classic, with just enough of a modern touch to not destroy it's roots.

Back