The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Pierre Guillaume - Bagatelle Roma
A fresh green rose with a rain note. Not bad, but considering it's the very pricey line, I think ELdO's Herman is a good stand in. I was debating between this and Habanera, and I'm very glad I went with Habanera now, that has a sort of magic for me.
I was hoping the gasoline note in Bagatelle Roma would be a bit stronger, and that it would be a bit more oily like Carner's Drakon, but that's ok. I'll give it another try in the spring when I think it will work better.

Dang it, sitting here late this evening chilling and Bagatelle Roma has me swooning....
The rose is very natural smelling and the other notes just give it a bit of depth, and a subtle masculine edge. It's very much the kind of rose I'm comfortable to wear. I used to always wear rose water, and wish I could find some that lasted and projected. Viola!

On another note, I received a sample of Rouge Targhee Forest and tried it earlier in the week. Personally I didn't like it, in fact I scrubbed it right away, just wasn't in the mood to see where it went. But @MarkB I think it might be one you'd love. Think of Creed Viking Cologne, but as a green scent.

Dang it, sitting here late this evening chilling and Bagatelle Roma has me swooning....
The rose is very natural smelling and the other notes just give it a bit of depth, and a subtle masculine edge. It's very much the kind of rose I'm comfortable to wear. I used to always wear rose water, and wish I could find some that lasted and projected. Viola!

On another note, I received a sample of Rouge Targhee Forest and tried it earlier in the week. Personally I didn't like it, in fact I scrubbed it right away, just wasn't in the mood to see where it went. But @MarkB I think it might be one you'd love. Think of Creed Viking Cologne, but as a green scent.
Hmmm.. May have to get a sample if I can find a source. :unsure:

Pierre Guillaume - Praline de Santal
This is exactly what the name suggests, praline and sandalwood. Sounds unusual, but wears very easy. Just right for an easy winter wear that's a bit different than ambers etc. To me it feels like wearing a more casual iris. I'm not a big gourmand guy, but this doesn't really feel at all like I'm wearing a dessert treat. It's just a super cozy, buttery blanket of goodness.

Pierre Guillaume Prailne de Santal.jpg

I'm on a total rose kick now. Went with Bagatelle Roma today, and get the gasoline and leather even more this time, great stuff.
Maybe two more wearings left in the sample, oh no!

It also got me thinking of that old classic Antaeus, Habenara has a similar powdery incense dry down as I remember it having. Might have to nip off to the department store and sneak a spray.

Back