The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

giphy.gif

Attachments

• 1703269931156.png
    1703269931156.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 5
Pierre Guillaume - L'Ombre Fauvre (The Tawny Shadow)
One of Pierre's best! Stunning turn of the century gentleman vibes are strong here. Fans of things like Mouchoir de Monsieur, or Special for Gentlemen will know what this is all about.
Like an amber precursor, due to the heavy dose of patchouli he calls this an ambre chypre, a tawny shadow indeed, feral like a wild lion lurking in the bush. Always present, but not overpowering the civet here radiates off the aromatic patchouli, but manages to never feel skanky, it just gives a bit of a naughty old school vibe. Those guys in top hats knew how to have fun!
For sure this isn't for everyone, but if you like this type of scent, it's absolutely superb.

Pierre Guillaume L'Ombre Fauve .jpg

Pierre Guillaume - Arabian Horse
A masterpiece for me, pure horse, hay, and stable, but without a single bit of skanky, stinky, or anything off putting. There's something almost regal about it, and of course something sensual as well. Above all, it's a masculine that makes you feel manly in all the best meanings of the word.
There's nothing brash here, nothing sharp, or loud, just pure French style perfumery at its best, the kind that brings out the best in you.
In all of my ever growing collection, this is probably my No.1 pick over all, as just be representative of what perfume is, and what it can be.

Pierre Guillaume Arabian Horse.jpg

Pierre Guillaume - Animal Mondain
Pierre describes this as an androgynous tobacco inspired by 1930's art deco. I personally don't get a 30's flapper vibe at all, if anything more of an early 60's cocktail lounge comes to mind, and rather than androgynous, I get Rodger Moore stepping out of his Volvo sports car.
That said, this isn't heavy or stuffy, it opens with pear leaf, giving an air of green space for the tobacco and honey to fill. This like Simon Templar is a chameleon, going from refined class, to rough and ready at a moments notice.
Another great offering from Mr Guillaume!

Pierre Guillaume Animal Mondain.jpg

Back