The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Carner Barcelona - El Born
Named for a neighborhood in Barcelona full of shops, bakeries, and cafes. It's wonderful semi-spicy honey, and thankfully not sweet, rather bit herbal and rich. Like many Carners it doesn't shout, but it does delightfully cut through the cold winter air, warming like a fresh baked sweet bread. Other than the clear honey, it's well blended and I don't pick out any of the other many notes. Some say there's licorice here, but I don't get it at all. I do get a touch of amber, from benzoin, that's lightened by fig and Angelica. Others say it's a vanilla, but TBH, I don't get a lot of it either, other than
As it dries down, a modern woody note comes out, which I'm not always a fan of, but it works well here against what's left of the honey and amber.
I've been wearing it a lot the last couple of days, it's one of those scents that's so easy it wear, yet also unique and interesting.

I tried or have a number of Carner Barcelona scents now. Most of their scents are on the reasonable end of niche, and very wearable. Totally worth checking out if you ever run across any from the house.

Carner El Born.jpg

Last edited:
Back