The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Gucci Guilty Elixir de Parfum pour Homme
For whatever reason, the Gucci Guilty line has been one of my favorite designer lines, the good ones are really good, bringing interesting twists to classic masculine perfumery.
This one fits the bill with spades, this may as well be a niche offering as far as I'm concerned, it's out there, and it, as is usually the case with the line, somehow it works, against all odds.
I'm just giving my impressing after the day's wear here. First there's nothing natural about this, as the bottle's shade of green tells you, it's borderline radioactive. The opening is like a nuclear age green apple, you can almost see the neon gamma rays coning off it. That weird better living through chemistry vibe never leaves, as it morphs into an android leather, complete with a strange animal aspect as if the android could come to life at any moment. It's got an oddly salty marine tinge that comes in later as well, as if this artificial leather had been dunked in sea water, perhaps to rinse off residual mold release.
It's just bizarre in the best possible way, and truly fun to wear. Maybe Gucci is just taking the Micky here with all the Elixirs coming out now, even the name hints at it pretending to be serious, but really is just the class clown, dressed as an android wearing leather, taking a swim in the Atlantic.
Projection, longevity wise, I was cautious today, and just gave one spray, it was enough, but not too much at all by any means. Next time I'll go to two, which is probably just right for me.

Totally worth checking out, since it's readily available. Even if just to sample. Hard to say it would be everyone's taste, but IMHO, for what it is, it's well done, and again Gucci takes a bit of a risk. It's a hit with the replicants at least....

DSC00904.jpg

Hiram Green - Arcadia
Simply stunning old school fougere. By old school, I mean a more turn of the century vibe. There's an indolic note here that gives a musty, almost dirty nappy backdrop. I didn't catch this when I first sampled, and just love the barbershop vibe that floats on top of it. But then when I got it, I was bummed, and didn't wear it. But as is the way with fragrances, suddenly, I'm smitten. This is pretty amazing, as it feels like it operates on two levels and my nose just oscillates between them.
A dirty bottom and a super aromatic top. This one isn't for everyone, but it's really well done, the all natural ingredients feel to be of excellent quality, and there's just something special here.

DSC00914.jpg

Back