The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

How heavy is the immortelle in that one? It's a note that can quickly go from love to hate depending on the dosing for me, but a lot of my favorites feature it.
To tell you the truth, I’m not familiar with what immortelle smells like so I couldn’t tell you lol. This is one of the frags that I don’t really try to analyze. It makes me happy and I avoid overthinking it.

To tell you the truth, I’m not familiar with what immortelle smells like so I couldn’t tell you lol. This is one of the frags that I don’t really try to analyze. It makes me happy and I avoid overthinking it.
That's already a good sign, immortelle can smell like burnt maple syrup or hay like, if not blended well, it tends to really stand out above a composition, so the fact you don't notice anything like that is great.

That's already a good sign, immortelle can smell like burnt maple syrup or hay like, if not blended well, it tends to really stand out above a composition, so the fact you don't notice anything like that is great.

Got it. There is a hay note in there, but I never really thought about it. It doesn’t stand out more to me than anything else, but it is noticeable.

Etat Libre d'Orange - Je Suis Un Homme
Citric saddle soap, the petroleum distillate effect in this is so strong it stings, wonderful!

And of course discontinued, and now I'm seeing Tom of Finland will be too, and don't get me started on Eloge.....
Still even if it's not for everyone, really worth smelling once.

Etat Libre d'Orange Je Suis Un Homme.jpeg

Etat Libre d'Orange - Tom of Finland
This one grabbed me right away, a dose of unctuous, lemony, aldehydes, vanilla, vetiver. A modern retro feel, and somehow extremely comfortable to wear. I didn't think I'd like this and had let my sample sit for quite some time, even though I love leather scents.
I suppose from the imagery I expected something much more dark, but this is a soft scent, not rue suede quite gets it, but close enough.
This and Exit the King feel like kissing cousins, this leaning more leather a the other more soapy.

The name doesn't fit, and as it turns out, it's not being discontinued, but rebranded, something the house has a habit of doing. In this case I think it's a good move, though living where I do, I'm glad to have this one. The artist's home is only a few blocks from where I live.

IMG_0894.jpeg

Back