The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

A discontinued masterpiece in its simplicity yet what it brings is a fresh, clean bitter citrus accords with grass like nuances with a tinge of lavender. The drydown though for me is where this fragrance sings to my nose with vetiver, musk and the ambergris that adds a touch of class & sophistication. A sporty yet refined gentleman at the polo club or at the first tee ready for the first drive of the morning with the comrades. Pick it up while one still can gents, it will not disappoint.

1F805AFE-ECFD-4550-8C1D-6750CF45A93D.jpeg

A discontinued masterpiece in its simplicity yet what it brings is a fresh, clean bitter citrus accords with grass like nuances with a tinge of lavender. The drydown though for me is where this fragrance sings to my nose with vetiver, musk and the ambergris that adds a touch of class & sophistication. A sporty yet refined gentleman at the polo club or at the first tee ready for the first drive of the morning with the comrades. Pick it up while one still can gents, it will not disappoint.

View attachment 108795
I picked it up when you brought it to my attention last fall!
It's a favorite modern green, with just enough of a nod to the green giants of the past.

Mancera - Lemon Line
Holy lemon bat man! Good stuff for lemon fans. I'm sure to get a bottle as summer comes on. Hyper-realistic lemon burst in the opening, then a classic musky hay dry down. Has a surprising old school vibe in the mid as well.
Must grab a sample of this! Thanks, Cole!!

Must grab a sample of this! Thanks, Cole!!
For sure. Reviews paint it as a synthetic mess, but it's really a pretty classic lemon, and has great longevity. I had a massive lemon hunt last year, and sort of dismissed this thanks to the reviews, this beats Aqua Viva for me, and a fraction of the price.
I've become a fan of whatever musky thing Mancera uses in the base. I think it's a house where you can find a couple you like, and be happy as there seems to be a strong DNA running through many I've tested. Tonka Cola being an exception, and another real gem.

Back