The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

It's good stuff, isn't it?
Outstanding for sure. I’m on the fence about getting the parfum. Might save my pennies for a bottle of Mancera Cedrat Boise Intense instead, if I’m getting a flanker that is similar to a favorite.

Outstanding for sure. I’m on the fence about getting the parfum. Might save my pennies for a bottle of Mancera Cedrat Boise Intense instead, if I’m getting a flanker that is similar to a favorite.
IMHO, they are so close that it's borderline redundant. Personally I liked the EdP better, but that's totally subjective. I think there's more contrast with the Mancera.

Mancera - Saharian Wind
(from official sample)
Hard one to describe, lavender meets musky leather, and with a underlying touch of vanillic sweetness. These less clean musks are the types I enjoy, and this hits that spot nicely, while feeling more modern than something like Thesus that I wore yesterday. Two sprays last an eternity, so the sample vial is going to last me. The Scent series from Costume National has similarities, I need to really compare them at some point.

Mancera - Saharian Wind
(from official sample)
Hard one to describe, lavender meets musky leather, and with an underlying touch of vanillic sweetness. These less clean musks are the types I enjoy, and this hits that spot nicely, while feeling more modern than something like Thesus that I wore yesterday. Two sprays last an eternity, so the sample vial is going to last me. The Scent series from Costume National has similarities, I need to really compare them at some point.
Saharian Wind…nothing like a musky animalic camel fart! 😂

Etat Libre d'Orange - Eloge du Traitre
Dear ELdO, why did you discontinue this masterpiece? Another that goes on my top 10 list, maybe even number 1, but that's a volatile slot for me, depending on mood and season.
Thankfully a backup bottle is en route. Couldn't manage without this fresh herbal gem.

ELdO Eloge d'Traitre.jpeg

Back