The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Carthusia - A'mmare
Felt like a change of pace today, beautiful bright sunny day. The kind the make you feel spring and then summer are right around the corner, even when you know they aren't.
I'm not a big aquatic, marine guy, maybe it's just the associations I have with those kinds of scents, or that they tend to feel too synthetic to me in a way I don't like. But this one works for me, the best description is imagine a holiday at a a beach house. The salty, briny air. You just finished you shave and put on Mennen.
And maybe that's it, most aquatics have a sort of hyper-modern jet set feel for me. This though, is more like a nod to the past, there's a class to it. Even though you're a little overweight out in your swim trunks, it's OK because you're not trying to be anyone but you anyway.

View attachment 107180
I dig the look of the bottle!

1678716750080.jpeg

This is wild as there is such a disparity between the department stores and gray market/discount sites……but the EdT and EdP are less than $36 which is a steal for such a quality frag……but I see this at the department stores at $125-$130. Obviously there is usually a significant, or at least noticeable difference - but to see $100 swing is wild

Picked this up at a local Marshalls, Blackstone Men's Collection. I'm assuming it is a line made exclusively for this store retailer/discounter. There are a few more but, this one here actually surprised me. It's called Matte Black and you can see the scent notes printed right on the front of the bottle. Very nice and smooth smelling creation. Longevity don't know yet as it's my first wearing. So far so good.

IMG_20230313_085919780_HDR.jpg

Picked this up at a local Marshalls, Blackstone Men's Collection. I'm assuming it is a line made exclusively for this store retailer/discounter. There are a few more but, this one here actually surprised me. It's called Matte Black and you can see the scent notes printed right on the front of the bottle. Very nice and smooth smelling creation. Longevity don't know yet as it's my first wearing. So far so good.

View attachment 107201
There are a few out there made for stores - that are actually really good smelling sauce and it’s cool to find hidden gems like this. I also think Cremo (which obviously isn’t store related - but found at the drug stores)…..which make some quality cologne as well. Just goes to show that you don’t have to break the bank to smell good.

View attachment 107200

This is wild as there is such a disparity between the department stores and gray market/discount sites……but the EdT and EdP are less than $36 which is a steal for such a quality frag……but I see this at the department stores at $125-$130. Obviously there is usually a significant, or at least noticeable difference - but to see $100 swing is wild
That's pretty normal for the gray market classics. It pays to shop around!

Back