The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

This is becoming a very, very good all around scent in my collection. I'd even say signature scent worthy. The usual from the Code line is present but, nothing like its predecessors where Tonka & Vanilla are extremely prominent which at times can be overly sweet. Not this though. There is a clean crispness from the start as if the Bergamot was freshly squeezed into the juice with the leaves thrown in for good measure almost giving a slight bitterness and green effect. There is a slight rootiness that rides in with Iris that is not buttery nor lipstick like but, more aldehyde like. Think vintage Obsession with a slight amber like nuance, just modernized in a good way. The Clary Sage adds a nice yet light aromatic touch that is proportionally done to counter balance the sweetness from the Tonka. What helps also is the Cedar in the drydown that really gives it a nice smooth and woody effect. The overall effect of this fragrance gives me the impression of someone that is well put together and a professional but, not stoic or stern. There is a bit of softness that declares an individual is approachable, thoughtful and mindful of what he is from start to finish.

Worth getting your nose on this gents...

375x500.75126.jpg

Last edited:
Lorenzo Villoresi - Vetiver
(From official sample)
Wow, another stunner from Villoresi. Opening is that sheer grassy type of vetiver that I love, then some spices come in and give it depth. At this stage it's all about the vetiver, and it's the type I love. It's a very classic barbershop vetiver to me.
And then it decides that instead of being a barbershop vetiver, it wants to swap to patchouly, and then it's the best barbershop patch I've come across, absolutely stunning!
And another Villoresi is on the wish list!

Le Galion - Cologne Nocturne
Someone started a top 10 frag thread, always a hard question, but for sure this would be on that list.
The name says it all, a cologne with added depth from clary sage, herbs, and patchouli. This is one of those scents that just says unassuming gentlemanly confidence.

Le Galion Cologne Nocturne.jpeg

Carthusia - A'mmare
Felt like a change of pace today, beautiful bright sunny day. The kind the make you feel spring and then summer are right around the corner, even when you know they aren't.
I'm not a big aquatic, marine guy, maybe it's just the associations I have with those kinds of scents, or that they tend to feel too synthetic to me in a way I don't like. But this one works for me, the best description is imagine a holiday at a a beach house. The salty, briny air. You just finished you shave and put on Mennen.
And maybe that's it, most aquatics have a sort of hyper-modern jet set feel for me. This though, is more like a nod to the past, there's a class to it. Even though you're a little overweight out in your swim trunks, it's OK because you're not trying to be anyone but you anyway.

Cathusia A'mmare.jpeg

Back