The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Funny, I actually thought this would be up your alley. Blind buy it, I did!

I was actually a bit nervous, not being sure if I'm a Mancera guy, but I've got to say I really love this one.
I saw a few reviewers - the ones that gave mixed reviews are people that based on their likes - I would expect that this wouldn’t be up their alley. The cola note appeals to me - I have a few - from what I’ve seen and read - this seems to be a very well crafted cologne

I saw a few reviewers - the ones that gave mixed reviews are people that based on their likes - I would expect that this wouldn’t be up their alley. The cola note appeals to me - I have a few - from what I’ve seen and read - this seems to be a very well crafted cologne
You know my tastes as well, I find it interesting, there's depth, there's development, and it just smells good to me. You have to be a bit of a detective reading reviews, most of them you can't take at face value. Especially with this one, I've seen some wild interpretations of micro notes in one camp, and outright trashing of the scent because it's cola on the other.

Personally I think it really does that magic thing of both being crowd, and fraghead pleasing.

goat-tribe-goat.gif

Hey my friend - can you give some deets on this one - smokin‘ cool bottle by the way!

Apologies amigo for the delay in responding. In short, if you have smelled Prada L'homme you will get a general idea of what Zegna Intenso is. Only difference is that the Iris in Intenso is lighter and the whole composition is not clean or soap like. Rather, it goes in a traditional Italian Gentleman kind of freshness with a bit more citrus up top and soft masculine leaning woods with cedar & vetiver towards the mid and drydown. There is a slight sweetness from the Tonka Bean & Musk but, not overdone in the least. Not heavy on projection or sillage but, it lingers for quite some time on the skin. Professional yet put together and comforting simultaneously. Daniela Roche Andrier is the author on this creation. And yes, she also created Prada L'homme.

Apologies amigo for the delay in responding. In short, if you have smelled Prada L'homme you will get a general idea of what Zegna Intenso is. Only difference is that the Iris in Intenso is lighter and the whole composition is not clean or soap like. Rather, it goes in a traditional Italian Gentleman kind of freshness with a bit more citrus up top and soft masculine leaning woods with cedar & vetiver towards the mid and drydown. There is a slight sweetness from the Tonka Bean & Musk but, not overdone in the least. Not heavy on projection or sillage but, it lingers for quite some time on the skin. Professional yet put together and comforting simultaneously. Daniela Roche Andrier is the author on this creation. And yes, she also created Prada L'homme.
Sounds awesome! Thanks!

Lorenzo Villoresi - Atman Xaman
Can't say enough good about this, a tobacco lovers dream come true. There's nothing overbearing here, light, but with lots of subtle touches, from spicy to resinous. The tobacco is present but only dominates in it's time, otherwise harmoniously sits behind allowing the other players there moment in the composition. Like a good 70's rock band, every note get's it's time to solo, and always with a great backing band.

Lorenzo Villoresi Atman Xaman.jpeg

Lorenzo Villoresi - Garofano

Oh my what a wonderful carnation fragrance. Carnation has always been one of my favorite floral notes, and IMO very well suited to a masculine fragrance (just look at Old Spice for that!). Yet, for some reason, I've been slow to pick up any carnation oriented fragrances, though they've been on my radar for some time.
Finally when picking up Ambra, I went for a sample of this, and so glad I did. This juice juice radiates positive energy for me. I could see naysayers claiming it's an old lady scent, and well, they may be right, but it's so much more. There's a dapper virility lurking underneath this that say, yes I'm cheerful and positive, but don't let that fool you, there's a tiger lurking in the jungle.
Villoresi is rapidly becoming a favorite house of mine, and fragrance like this are why.

375x500.5085.jpg

Back