The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

It’s a solid Parfums de Marly Layton clone. There are frags that I could bring myself to spend that much on a bottle for, but when the clone is this good I’m happy with going the inexpensive route.
I’m the same way - there are a few that I would want that are really $ or just because I want to have one with a particular brand - but when you get find a fantastic scent at a really good price and it makes you happy - save the $!

Etat Libre d'Orange - The Afternoon of a Faun
Green, rose, earthy immortelle, soapy, retro chypre. This has a lightness to it, even with a heavy base of immortelle, I'm guessing there's some sort of aldehyde giving it that space.
This is a really good alternative for a clean type of scent, the little bit of retro-ness and the sparking syrupy effect give it a unique edge.

Afternoon of a Faun.jpeg

I’m the same way - there are a few that I would want that are really $ or just because I want to have one with a particular brand - but when you get find a fantastic scent at a really good price and it makes you happy - save the $!
Creed, and Perfumes d'Marly amongst others are brands I hardly pay attention to at all, due to the poor (IMHO) value proposition, there are so many great designer and niche houses selling fabulous frags at half the price.

Etat Libre d'Orange - The Afternoon of a Faun
Green, rose, earthy immortelle, soapy, retro chypre. This has a lightness to it, even with a heavy base of immortelle, I'm guessing there's some sort of aldehyde giving it that space.
This is a really good alternative for a clean type of scent, the little bit of retro-ness and the sparking syrupy effect give it a unique edge.

View attachment 102900
You are always the trailblazer for frags in our TSC family! Nicely done Cole!

Today was Horizon (need to take a pic soon) from the same house, omg skanky, musty patchouli to die for, or for someone to tell you to get a better clothes drier for.
I have never heard a description of a faulty clothes dryer.. I remember smelling that not dried completely smell I think once. It was not a scent I liked. So you are saying the frag smells like almost spoiled laundry ??

I have never heard a description of a faulty clothes dryer.. I remember smelling that not dried completely smell I think once. It was not a scent I liked. So you are saying the frag smells like almost spoiled laundry ??
I'd use the word musty, in Finland everyone dries there clothes on a rack, and when I first started dating my wife, her clothes had that smell, maybe that's the attraction.
Anyway, it's lovely stuff, even if the description is a bit odd. A lot of old school patchoulis had that effect. Patchouli is one of the more polarizing scents, as a main player, people either love it (me) or hate it (Nurse Dave). But it's actually in the base of most perfumes, you just don't notice it, it acts as a fixative, helping to extend the life of the fragrance and give depth.

I'd use the word musty, in Finland everyone dries there clothes on a rack, and when I first started dating my wife, her clothes had that smell, maybe that's the attraction.
Anyway, it's lovely stuff, even if the description is a bit odd. A lot of old school patchoulis had that effect. Patchouli is one of the more polarizing scents, as a main player, people either love it (me) or hate it (Nurse Dave). But it's actually in the base of most perfumes, you just don't notice it, it acts as a fixative, helping to extend the life of the fragrance and give depth.
Thank you for the reply I appreciate it a lot....

Le Galion - Special for Gentlemen
Vintage style amber fougere that's just made for a winter's day. The lavender opening strongly aromatic, almost sticky, and with supporting amber notes, cinnamon, and castoreum, there's a real substance to the fragrance, that. warms the spirts and gives one the true feeling of being a gentleman even on the darkest and dreariest of days.

Le Galion Special for Gentlemen.jpeg

Parle Moi de Parfum - Wake Up World
Classic masculine stylings with a twist of green apple. This is one of those any time any where scents that works just as well in high summer heat, and cold winter's day.

Wake Up World.jpeg

Back