The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

This was super affordable at around $20 and punched way above it's weight in terms of smell & uniqueness. Papyrus is the main cog in this and it runs basically through the whole fragrances life when one wears it. There is a subtle citrus & spice in the opening and top that melts into a soft woods with a subtle Patchouli accord. The composition overall turns into a somewhat soapy & woods effect that is clean yet soft in projection and sillage. Almost dare I say a barbershop like feel in how the scent develops and eventually determines itself to stay. And I enjoy that subtleness and quiet masculinity it exudes. It requires at least on my skin an energetic trigger finger to get some wearability and for my own scent receptor satisfaction. 10 sprays and up will usually do the trick for a days time in the office or work plus a couple sprays on my under shirt helps a bit too. It's close and rather intimate but, I have no issue with that.

One of the more memorable comments/compliments I've ever received came while I was wearing this fragrance. And it's the only time that I've ever gotten one wearing this juice. A few years back I walked into the corporate building of my employer and got into the elevator at the lobby where a young female also walked in behind me. I politely said good morning and she smiled. I hit the button for the 3rd floor and I asked her where she was heading and she said the same floor. I'm there in 10 seconds and once the elevator stops, the doors open and me being of a chivalrous nature towards our women folk, I motioned for her to step out before I did. She nodded softly no and then said with a slight blushing effect "I can't explain it to you but, I was compelled to follow you into the elevator and get closer to the scent you are exuding. You smell wonderfully manly yet comfortable and reassuring. I apologize if I've made you uncomfortable. I'm actually going to the first floor as I work in the HR department." With that, I smiled politely and winked at her and said "Milady, have a great day" and walked into my production meeting a minute later with a nice memory. Sometimes you just never know who will be inspired.
5dcb4efc2a51b7674c598f4bd85cdd2b.jpg

Back