The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Costume National - Homme Parfum
There really isn’t much in it between this and the EdP. The Parfum has less clove and cinnamon, and therefor the cardamom stands out even more, and longer. It’s somewhat smoother as well. In the dry down the sandalwood also comes out a bit more, but really they very close.

Histoires de Parfums - Veni
All the cardamom from the last couple of days made me want to try this one again. Very nice, might be the best of their more amber like scents. Opens with a bright clear cardamom note, the tlike so many of this houses openings, is stunning. The it gets a bit middling as the sweetness ramps up, but up close it's still interesting with a fresh lavender note, final dry down is all about the amber, but this one, though it's the house amber, is much drier than in other offerings, and I quite like it.

Costume National - Free d'Homme
Powdery incense with a dark and heavy lemon undertone. I've tested a couple of times, but at bad times, so only. used a spray. First I was 'it's ok' second, I'm starting to like it. Going to take a post workout shower and really give it a go here in a few minutes.
I'd say a no brainier for fans of Homme though.

After shave splash for my finely chiseled and groomed mug. As good as the Mighty Crimson Chin's audaciously fine chin I may add. 😜

You've got to believe in yourself!
serious-stare.gif

Back