The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Doing a Patchouli showdown this week.

Lorenzo Villoresi - Patchouli - Super dry leafy variety, lovely

Perris Monte Carlo - Patchouli Nosy Be - Dark Dank patch, but overwhelmed with vanilla, pity for me, the patch is fabulous but not with vanilla.

Oriza L Legrand - Horizon - And the winner is (at least of the dark, cold months) ok, I'll admit it sound awful, but I love it, the smell of laundry that wasn't properly laid out to dry.
It reminds me a lot of Parfums d' Nicolai Patchouli Intense, but much less overbearing and a quirkier personality, that I generally go for.

Doing a Patchouli showdown this week.

Lorenzo Villoresi - Patchouli - Super dry leafy variety, lovely

Perris Monte Carlo - Patchouli Nosy Be - Dark Dank patch, but overwhelmed with vanilla, pity for me, the patch is fabulous but not with vanilla.

Oriza L Legrand - Horizon - And the winner is (at least of the dark, cold months) ok, I'll admit it sound awful, but I love it, the smell of laundry that wasn't properly laid out to dry.
It reminds me a lot of Parfums d' Nicolai Patchouli Intense, but much less overbearing and a quirkier personality, that I generally go for.
I also am fond of that musty hippie garment vibe.

Continuing the patchouli theme -
Nicolai Patchouli Intense
This is a very different patchouli scent, and I can imagine many wouldn't even recognize it as patchouli. Very creamy, velvety, geranium, lavender, and sandalwood tame this patchouli. Most patchoulis have a green or brown feeling to this, but here its a very creamy yellow vibe, very classy no hippy version of patchouli.

Back