The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Parle Moi de Parfum - Wake Up World
Dihydromyrcenol, fresh apple, amber. This is probably my most 'fun' to wear scent, it's just got a kind of happy, quirky, don't get in my way and I won't get in yours energy to it. Apparently is a reformulation of one of the perfumer's old hits, Minotaur, but this definitely feels like it's firmly a 21st century fragrance, a kind of retro chic, that I love.

Wearablity is off the charts, for anything casual at least, any time of year this stuff works, I've worn it on the hottest days of summer and now on the first day we've had getting down near the freezing point.

Is if for everyone, I doubt it, but if have want a little swagger, and innocent ner'do'well vibe, this does the job and like everything I've tired from the house, lasts and lasts.

IMG_0639.jpeg

A masterfully done floral fragrance for men by one of the best fragrance creators today, Francis Kurkdjian. This fragrance borders niche and designer perfumery like very few others have ever accomplished. It's an aromatic fougere that encompass 4 notes; Neroli, Petitgrain, Chamomile & Basil. I also get a slight aura from the Le Male DNA with a slight tinge of vanilla & mint yet no lavender. Fleeting but, discernible to my nose. I still think the early release '95 or '96 of the original Le Male was the best ever creation from JPG with its barbershop type scent profile and the gorgeous mint, vanilla and lavender signature. But, this is right there as a creation and goes even further on the daring side of floral creations for men. I don't wear this very often as I see it as a mood or specific mindset fragrance. Cool breezy days that are overcast and sort of that melancholy vibe that one fetches from time to time. Potent, long lasting and not for everyone. Daring and provocative as one wears it. Herbaceous, slightly dirty or animalic in feel with almost a darkened tea vibe kissed with a sweetened honey like accord. Brilliantly done and awesome longevity on my skin.

You like daring, this must be sampled if one can find it.

IMG_20221023_074719806_HDR.jpg

B
A masterfully done floral fragrance for men by one of the best fragrance creators today, Francis Kurkdjian. This fragrance borders niche and designer perfumery like very few others have ever accomplished. It's an aromatic fougere that encompass 4 notes; Neroli, Petitgrain, Chamomile & Basil. I also get a slight aura from the Le Male DNA with a slight tinge of vanilla & mint yet no lavender. Fleeting but, discernible to my nose. I still think the early release '95 or '96 of the original Le Male was the best ever creation from JPG with its barbershop type scent profile and the gorgeous mint, vanilla and lavender signature. But, this is right there as a creation and goes even further on the daring side of floral creations for men. I don't wear this very often as I see it as a mood or specific mindset fragrance. Cool breezy days that are overcast and sort of that melancholy vibe that one fetches from time to time. Potent, long lasting and not for everyone. Daring and provocative as one wears it. Herbaceous, slightly dirty or animalic in feel with almost a darkened tea vibe kissed with a sweetened honey like accord. Brilliantly done and awesome longevity on my skin.

You like daring, this must be sampled if one can find it.

View attachment 96316
How does JPG get away with stealing my likeness? I mean - I have a little bit of color due to the sun and heat wave this fall - but come January - I’ll be this pale - and of course, my physique never changes 😂

Hey my brother - can you give a description of this - I saw it recommended on a YT influencer a while back - so I had saved it on my list - but forgot what the deal was about this.
Sorry brother.. Busy day yesterday. It's a nice frag.. A lot of people online say it's almost like Tom Ford "Italian Cypress". But I've never tried it so I can't comment on the veracity of the claim.

I get big spice and wood with some added green notes with a light leather in the drydown. It's a rather short lived frag and it's pretty much gone to my nose after only a couple of hours (at most). Still, it can be had cheaply enough to reapply as you'd like.

My honest opinion, don't worry with it unless you just absolutely feel the need to try it. In fave, if you like, I'd be happy to send you a sample.

Sorry brother.. Busy day yesterday. It's a nice frag.. A lot of people online say it's almost like Tom Ford "Italian Cypress". But I've never tried it so I can't comment on the veracity of the claim.

I get big spice and wood with some added green notes with a light leather in the drydown. It's a rather short lived frag and it's pretty much gone to my nose after only a couple of hours (at most). Still, it can be had cheaply enough to reapply as you'd like.

My honest opinion, don't worry with it unless you just absolutely feel the need to try it. In fave, if you like, I'd be happy to send you a sample.
Thanks my friend - seemed interesting but doesn’t look to be a must have - thanks for the offer - but I’m good - it’s not worth the pain in the butt to ship via postal

Back