The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

IMG_0638.jpeg

Some highlights since the last post.

Been loving Parfum d'Empire lately.
Fougere Bengal, deep, rich, tobacco and curry laden (immortelle) fougere. I don't know why but I love fougeres more in the cool weather, and this one really rocks, whereas in the summer I was almost questioning why I bought it. Such is the nature of the game, and why I don't think I can sell any frags, the nose is a fickle master.

Iskander, another deep, dark and rich one, this time a citrus chypre but don't think there's any brightness in this opening, it's a dark green citrus, and then comes the oak moss, so heavy it could smother you. So great in the fall :)

Perris Monte Carlo - Oud Imperial
This is almost the reference oud for me. Nothing skanky or off putting, nothing cheap or synthetic about it either. It's very much a linear scent, but I've never worn a linear scent with so much variation within that linearity. This gets better as the day goes on. The oud has depth and life. No idea how they did it considering I doubt there's any real oud here, but I'm not a real oud expert either, way out of my price range.

Back