The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

AM: Caron Pour Une Homme Sport
PM: Gucci Guilty Pour Homme Cologne

Today, as predicted, it was a grey raining morning and so a bit of a musky lemon to start the day sounded good, and to follow up that herbal green cologne goodness to remind me that life can still shine sunny or rainy outside.

IMG_0515.jpeg

A sample of Hiram Green Vetiver -

Hiram has a house DNA, which comes through here with his unique take on vetiver.
I get a real smokey, medicinal, aromatic opening. A clear top, mid, and base, which goes from ginger overtones to a piney cedar. Really nice, I'm getting back into Vetiver, and this is going on the Christmas list I think, as it seems a perfect winter scent to me.
IMG_0542.jpeg

IMG_0541 2.jpeg

Bought this for a hugely discounted price and wasn't expecting much from what I've seen on the note breakdown. Actually, it surprised the crap out of me. Think Dior Home without the Iris note. Just as clean with a nice citrus opening then going completely woods and soft musk like. Quite enjoyable if mostly generic but, in a good way. Two thumbs up from a few of the ladies at work.

9cf6a249-710f-4a7a-ab08-9781b8f22de2.jpg

Bought this for a hugely discounted price and wasn't expecting much from what I've seen on the note breakdown. Actually, it surprised the crap out of me. Think Dior Home without the Iris note. Just as clean with a nice citrus opening then going completely woods and soft musk like. Quite enjoyable if mostly generic but, in a good way. Two thumbs up from a few of the ladies at work.

View attachment 91123
I guess with the release of the new version, this has been getting more notice as well.
Good point about generic in a good way, something I’m trying to be more open to, at the end of the day, in the air, other’s really don’t pick up on the subtleties of a fragrance anyway.

Back