The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

AM: More Vertiver Java
PM: Tested Creed Viking Cologne
Not as bad as reviews were making it out to be, a fun wear, but maybe not my style, a bit of a grown up frat boy vibe for me. I'll stick with my opinion that Creed is way overpriced.

Did some sampling today:
Perris Monte Carlo - Oud Imperial
I went very easy on the sprayer, just one spray, because you never know with the oud fragrances.
This is a patchouli oud to my nose, that is almost like a really rough heavy leather. Loved it, for me, a perfect scent, and as we go into winter, sure to go on the wish list.

Gucci Guilty pour Homme EDP
I liked a couple of others from the line and thought maybe this would be a good choice as a more 'crowd pleasing' scent. Argh, not for me, but I guess it's closer than Creed Viking was.
Opening is interesting with a Rose Pimento thing happening, but then goes to a somewhat generic green. I was actually looking for something on the more generic side (to my tastes) so can't say it disappoints, but not sure it's what I'm after ether. It's settling down as it drys down, and isn't so screechy.
The GG cologne had to grow on me and after a couple of uses, I really enjoy it. Here I'm looking for a similar more cold weather option, lets see how it feels in an hour or two.

Last edited:
Back