The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Le Galion - Vetyver

A very unique take on vetiver, very dry to my nose, almost feels like a very fine morning mist. Strange that many reviewers say they don't get vetiver, as I get it in spades, but it's a dry (dry in the way walking into a refrigerated room is dry) aromatic mix. The vetiver is almost a pastel green but as if it were vaporized. Hard to explain, and the note breakdown doesn't really help at all.
An interesting wear, and thanks to Le Galion for putting this huge 10 ml sample in with an order.

IMG_0509.jpeg

Which Ferragamo is this?

This is perhaps one of their best releases. It was released back in 1999 and is mostly floral, woods and soft undertones of musk. A gorgeous Fig leaf opening that gives it a green tinge with some grapefruit and neroli underneath it. The florals kick in masterfully but, not loudly or precociously with a subtle infusion of Rose, Carnation and some Jasmine. The drydown though has this slightly earthy yet clean presence from the cedar, vetiver and woods that is very well balanced. I detect a very feint nuance of Oakmoss & Leather that grounds the whole composition beautifully while still letting facets from the opening & mids to sparkle unexpectedly and dance lightly amongst the heavier wood tones. Not a powerhouse of a projector as it really stays close to the skin after about 45 mins to an hour after first application. But, it has tenacity and lingers throughout the wearing as one catches those beautiful florals, citrus and woods accompanied by a greenness from the sharp Fig leaf note.

A very underrated gem of a fragrance that can be had for under $25US for 100ml. I highly recommend it if one is into this type of composition.

Back