The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

We're having a heat wave, and this quartet is doing it for me the last few days:
The Carons are like stepping in a lemony ice box.
Cedro di Diamante is like pouring cool lemonade all over yourself, flash dance style.
Lavande Romaine is like stepping into a field of lavender on a summers day.

IMG_0226.jpeg

Perris Monte Carlo - Lavande Romaine
Oh man, this just blew me away. Not in a wow, what a great manly fragrance way, but just what an amazing clean lavender field kind of smell. You guys know I like a lot of organic, naturalistic scents, and this really hits that mark so well.
Notes are basically lavender, black currant, and musks, and the over all feel is less a perfume, and more an atmosphere of fresh and clean, without smelling like soap.
At first it's a big wonderful hit of aromatic lavender, and then maybe 30 minutes later the cassius comes in and it goes more grassy to my nose.
The perfumer is Jean Claude Ellena, who's renowned for being able to make fragrances with a light airy touch. And he really does that here. Lavender can be quite heavy, but here it's almost ethereal.
For me this caught me off guard, and immediately felt like what I've been looking for of late, a clean inoffensive set I can wear to the gym or ballet class, and not feel like a douchebag, yet still have it be interesting and masculine to me.
Longevity has also been excellent, it doesn't scream, but it speaks softly for a long time.

Got to say Perris Monte Carlo has been a great discovery, every scent I've tired is bottle worthy. In fact I just popped for a full 100 ml bottle of this, and see becoming a staple. Pricing is in what I call the sweet spot, and not really much different from most designers. How they hit such quality at the price I don't know, but I'm great full. I was seriously expecting to see their prices at least 50% higher if not even double compared to some of the niche houses out there with a similar 'luxury' feel.

Lorenzo Villoresi - Acqua di Colonia
This is such a nice cologne, of course as a genre they are all similar, but the natural ingredients, and earthyness really set this one apart for me.
Of these classic colognes my favorites are this for natural and earthy, and Etat Libre d'Orange for bright and shiny.

1656674264502.jpeg

Back