The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Perris Monte Carlo - Cedro di Diamante

Holy lemonade batman!

Readers will know I've been a major lemon quest, that actually started way back in February. I've sampled most of the most recommended lemon scents only to feel let down.

Well dear friends, having only one lemon left on my list, after scouring the web for reviews, in any language that Google translate would let me understand, I decided to Brian Blind Buy this one. And I’ve struck yellow gold. This is the lemon I was looking for, it’s a very, very natural (I used very twice because I’m told my American friends need the extra very for it it mean a singular, and true very) extra sugary lemonade. As bright and clear as the real thing. My thirst feels quenched with one glorious citric inhalation.

Of course that lemon overdose is never going to last long, but so far at least, it’s essentially the same as it goes to a skin scent.

Others either disappear, go too woody, or too musky to suit that wonderfully cheerful lemon scent. This is staying cheerful, just more low key, in the only needing to say very once sort of way.

Seriously, my fellow lemon-heads, so far, this looks absolutely worth the price, and worth seeking out. I’ll give a full mega wear in the coming days as we’ve got a summer heat wave on the way, and I’m ready to burn right through this 50 ml bottle!

IMG_0094.jpeg

Oops that was supposed to go in the What Frag Did You Buy thread.

I also stopped by the shop with Comme des Garcons on the way to the gym today. It's a big holiday weekend, midsummer, and with summer coming late this year, the warm days feel that much sweeter.
I've been looking at some soapy scents, that are gym/ballet class appropriate. Today I spritzed Marseille on strip and skin, plus Serpentine and Yoyogi on strips to compare in dry down. Marseille was ok, very soapy, but maybe a little feminine and definitely not long enough lasting, didn't even make it though my workout.
However the dry down on the other two was very promising, so with the shop being so handy, I'll go try them both on skin next week.

I also sprayed Mature Premiere Falcon Leather on test strip. My god, everything from the house has mad performance. I've yet to bring a test strip home from them that didn't fill the living room for at least two days. Most of them aren't for me, and the price is out of my league, but this was the first I could fall for. Beautiful rich dark brown leather, very similar to Le Galion Aesthete I'm glad for that, as it means I don't need to buy it.

Last edited:
bruce-lee-bow.gif

Perris Monte Carlo - Cedro di Diamante
Lemon, lemon, lemon, and more lemon. If you love lemon, this is the grail.
This does indeed keep feeling like lemon all the way into the dry down. No musks, grasses, woods, etc to color it.
The lemon itself does evolve, opening is like a cool glass of lemonade with extra sugar poured on top.
As it goes to dry down, and becomes a skin scent, it's more of that lemon peel and it grows a bit darker, but after that incredibly bright opening there's really only one way to go there.
This is one of my more pleasurable buys, as it comes on the heels of so much searching and sampling, and landing on it has been extremely satisfying. That's not a knock on all the other great lemon scents out there, it's been a wonderful exploration, and I'm sure next summer some of those others will find there way into the collection.
For this summer though, I'm home.

IMG_0097.jpeg

Back