The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Been using samples the last couple of days.

Ulrich Lang - Apsu
The battle of the aquatic greens continues, Panorama had the best green opening I’ve ever smelled, but that dry down just ruined it for me, which always is a bummer.
Apsu, very much an aquatic green, but with an unripe banana note. It lasted quite a while hovering between an easy wearing green and fried banana. Need to test it again, love/hate going on.

Suddenly today, Helsinki decided to be Helsinki, and it’s an early summer rainy day. Went with what’s supposed to be a great rainy day scent
Etat Libre d’Orange - Herman a mes cotes….
Basically a rose patchouli, with some petrichor and joss sticks in the background. I’ve been low key looking for a rose that I can wear, and this is likely it. The first few hours are also a perfect rainy day scent. I don’t understand reviews, this is full of rainy day cheer, nothing gothic about it.
Anyone who’s used Chatillon Lux Yuzu Rose Patchouli will find the dry down familiar. It’s very close, but has that same incense touch that the Cologne has, stronger up front, and dies down over time.

I can find this fairly inexpensively here, and will probably punt for a bottle. One of those just right on the right day type scents.

Otherwise,
Parle Moi de Parfum - Wake Up World
has been getting a lot of play. I‘ve been waiting for something like this to come from the house, a real left fielder compared to their other offerings, it’s just very unique, and very fun. Apple, a dry powderness, spicyness, amber, lavender, it has a lot of right angles, but somehow works, and it just a blast for me to wear.

Diptyque - Eau de Minthe
I had high hopes for this, reviews saying it was a shaving cream barbershop. Obviously those reviewers weren’t members of TSC and have no idea what a barbershop is.
Nice into opening lasts for a few minutes, and then it’s a soapy dihydromercenol thing. Thanks to PMdP wake Up World actually stating the aromachemical in it’s note listing, I recognize it ver clearly here, only, it’s just not as interesting of fun to me. But then I don’t get excited by most soapy scents.

Glad I sampled this one, not at all what I was expecting. I think a lot of people would enjoy this, but not quite my thing.

1653657367237.jpeg
Had to make up for the disappointment of Eau de Minthe. I was hoping it would be a more shaving cream oriented version of this, instead of being Wake Up Worlds unwanted step child.
I have to say I like Beau de Jour more and more every time I wear it. Not sure if it’s macerated, if it’s the season, or I’m just getting to know it better, but it seems richer, and now I really notice the patchouli, which I didn’t pick much up in the beginning.

Diptyque - Eau de Minthe
I had high hopes for this, reviews saying it was a shaving cream barbershop. Obviously those reviewers weren’t members of TSC and have no idea what a barbershop is.
Nice into opening lasts for a few minutes, and then it’s a soapy dihydromercenol thing. Thanks to PMdP wake Up World actually stating the aromachemical in it’s note listing, I recognize it ver clearly here, only, it’s just not as interesting of fun to me. But then I don’t get excited by most soapy scents.

Glad I sampled this one, not at all what I was expecting. I think a lot of people would enjoy this, but not quite my thing.
That’s why I say - always sample before you buy!😂

Back