The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Sometimes all one wants is a simple but, effectively clean & fresh fragrance. One of Demachy's greatest creations. Yeah, it gets pooped on by a few for its performance or lack thereof (just spray more:unsure:) but, imo it epitomizes a cleanliness and freshness of class that very few fragrances today duplicate.

Master perfumery at the highest level with just 3 notes. Simplicity yet a genius creation.
View attachment 83593
Don’t know how the newer formulation holds up, but I got a ‘14 bottle and at least I could get whiffs for a full work day…and I didn’t spray any more than I would any of my other frags 🤷‍♂️

Great juice!

Olfactive Studio - Panorama
I’ve been waiting ages to get a sample of this. My next purchase is slated to be a fresh summer green, so this one was highly anticipated.
It claims to have a wasabi note, I absolutely love wasabi, and don’t get it here, but what I do get is a really fresh organic, green grass scent. Very nice, though not sure it’s going to dethrone Eau de Lierre though, this is arguably a more interesting frag. Let’s see how it develops!

The scent brief is a very cool concept, the perfumer gets a photo and tries to describe it in scent. IMO Panorama nails it!
Enjoying this more as the day goes on, 50 ml worthy for sure.
1653219651719.jpeg

Last edited:
Olfactive Studio - Panorama
I’ve been waiting ages to get a sample of this. My next purchase is slated to be a fresh summer green, so this one was highly anticipated.
It claims to have a wasabi note, I absolutely love wasabi, and don’t get it here, but what I do get is a really fresh organic, green grass scent. Very nice, though not sure it’s going to dethrone Eau de Lierre though, this is arguably a more interesting frag. Let’s see how it develops!

The scent brief is a very cool concept, the perfumer gets a photo and tries to describe it in scent. IMO Panorama nails it!
Enjoying this more as the day goes on, 50 ml worthy for sure.
View attachment 83738
Quick follow up: Dry down went to a sweet floral musk, nothing wrong with it, it sort of makes sense for a warm weather scent, but not what I’m after, and a major right turn from that incredible green opening.
I’ll enjoy using the sample and see how I feel by then, but not in the running for a summer 2022 purchase now.

Damn. Off to the bay soon to see if it’s not jacked up in price.
Not necessary amigo. It's available right in the Ethos website. Here's a link to it.

Whats that smell like? A couple BR scents on my radar. This and grass? Were two I remember?

Along the lines of Acqua di Parma Colonia but, a bit deeper & richer. More robust and masculine with a decent upkick in performance. Quite natural smelling as well.

Ooopss. Disregard my answer on this. I assumed you were referencing Ethos Colonia. I never looked at the image. My apologies. BR Metal Rain is similar to Creed's Silver Mountain Water. A bit more synthetic and not as natural smelling as SMW but, performs equally and perhaps slightly better in my experience. For the $$ outlay (Burlington discount retailer) of $19.99, it's a no brainer.

Ooopss. Disregard my answer on this. I assumed you were referencing Ethos Colonia. I never looked at the image. My apologies. BR Metal Rain is similar to Creed's Silver Mountain Water. A bit more synthetic and not as natural smelling as SMW but, performs equally and perhaps slightly better in my experience. For the $$ outlay (Burlington discount retailer) of $19.99, it's a no brainer.
I’ve seen the $19.99 BR juice at that and other retailers. Definite no brainer even as blind buys

Back