The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Last night:
Lorenzo Villoresi - Acqua di Colonia
Still in my quest for great colognes, I haven‘t used this since last summer, and well totally forgot just how great this one is.
Uomo is next on my buy list, which is very similar but with a soft barbershop dry down. Really worth giving a try IMHO.

Today:
Parfum d’Empire - Iskander
This really hit the spot today, it’s a strange one, I’ve had days where I just don’t like it, and days where I love it, seems to be very weather dependent that way for me so far.
Anyway, on this sort of chilly, rainy spring day, something with a citrus opening that goes a bit deeper and more somber was just the ticket. There’s a really nice woody oak moss dry down, and a sort of yellow green feel, that’s, thankfully to me, not another amber. Anyway, that’s the joy of having too many fragrances, every now and then you get the just right one for the day.

Last edited:
This one is subtle yet so beautiful in its construction and how it evolves during one's wearing of it. Musk, Iris, & Florals, that's it. There is a pinch of sweetness that is light and unobtrusive that shows itself from time to time. It damn near pulls almost feminine in its early stages but, the magic happens about 20-30 minutes in where the Violet with a persuading powdery accord kicks in that steers it towards a stoic and masculine aura. Masculinity in force but, with a softer side that to me is truly mesmerizing and unforgettable. Musc for Him will not be for everyone and sadly, it was discontinued some time back. Nevertheless, if your an addict of musk & florals and happen to come across this elixir I'd recommend just giving it a go. Truly a masterpiece of a creation in soft gentlemanly assertiveness that few other fragrances in the floral/musk category can match let alone surpass regardless of designer or niche classification. If you don't like musk, iris or florals with a powdery undertone, stay clear of this juice. For those that do, it's a reward to the smelling senses that is nearly unmatched in perfumery today.
922d0601c08198e1fb122bed8bf54ffb.jpg

Back