The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Last two days AM/PM:
Etat Libre d’Orange - Cologne /
Le Galion - Colgone Nocturne
I could probably just wear that combo from here on out and be a happy man.

Today:
Comme des Garcons - Wonderoud
But then, sometimes you need a bit of weight behind your fragrance. Probably my personal favorite from the house.

I hear good things about that one. Need to get a sample sometime.

Quality of the composition is top notch. On initial couple of sprays it is a bit heavy & thick. I let it sit and macerate for a bit and it has balanced out beautifully. The citrus with the tea note has this juicy appeal in the opening that stays for some time. Gradually the florals jump in in perfect harmony with the citrus and tea notes providing a somewhat green aromatic accord. But the coup de gras for me is the drydown with the clean light musk and smooth smelling vetiver with the floral and green notes lightly darting in and out over that gorgeous base . Safran from the same house is equally as good from a sample decant I received. It's next on the "to acquire list."

AM: Etat Libre d’Orange - Cologne
Just can’t get enough of the simple Cologne scents lately, and this one is fabulbous, bright, juicy, a bit synthetic orange opening, and soft barbershop dry down.

PM: Le Galion - Cuir
Perfect follow up, unlike the ELdO this is probably not for everyone but I love it, a really aromatic IBQ type leather brightened with citric elemi, a massive ambergris dose overtakes the elemi and competes with the butch IBQ note, making this for a gentleman with an edge.

Back