The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

AM: Etat Libre d’Orange - Cologne
Just can’t get enough of the simple Cologne scents lately, and this one is fabulbous, bright, juicy, a bit synthetic orange opening, and soft barbershop dry down.

PM: Le Galion - Cuir
Perfect follow up, unlike the ELdO this is probably not for everyone but I love it, a really aromatic IBQ type leather brightened with citric elemi, a massive ambergris dose overtakes the elemi and competes with the butch IBQ note, making this for a gentleman with an edge.
Any place I can get samples of the Etat Libre d’Orange - Cologne?

Any place I can get samples of the Etat Libre d’Orange - Cologne?
They have a US website, you could try there first. Lucky Scent carries them iirc.
I’ve really enjoyed everything from the house so far, whatever the reputation may be, they have all be super wearable.
Eloge du Traitre is one of my all time favorite scents. The cologne is something anyone here should really enjoy, of course there are lots of colognes out there that are good.

Oh and they give 15% off the first order, which makes the cologne’s price a lot more attractive.
(Only 10% off from the Paris store, oh well, you Yanks always get the bargains!)

Last edited:
Eloge du Traitre is one of my all time favorite scents. The cologne is something anyone here should really enjoy, of course there are lots of colognes out there that are good.

)
That one doesn't show up on the US site. :unsure:

That one doesn't show up on the US site. :unsure:
Oh man, that’s a bummer. I saw an interview with the owner Etienne de Swardt where is said it was less popular, but they are doing their best to keep it in the line up. I might need to get a back up, IMO it’s the best herbal barbershop out there. People compare it to Yatagan, but it’s WAY better now that I’ve lived with both for a while.

Oh man, that’s a bummer. I saw an interview with the owner Etienne de Swardt where is said it was less popular, but they are doing their best to keep it in the line up. I might need to get a back up, IMO it’s the best herbal barbershop out there. People compare it to Yatagan, but it’s WAY better now that I’ve lived with both for a while.
Yeah I see it on the European site. Went ahead and got the 4 samples for $18 from the US site. Got the following:
  • Attaquer Le Soleil Marquis De Sade
  • Tom of Finland
  • Fat Electrician
  • Cologne

Last edited:
Profumum Roma - Acqua Viva
Very natural lemon opening, like holding a lemon to your nose. Quickly adds a bit of dried grassy depth, that also cuts some of the brightness, then some cedar comes in and makes for a gorgeous dry down. The lemon is still back there though.
It’s very much i the vein of a cologne, like I’ve been so much enjoying lately, could well be the GOAT of the ones I’ve tried, need to test a bit more to say that. At the price, it would have to be! I can see why this is often mentioned for citrus lovers though. I can already say, it’s only a matter of time.

Back