The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Yesterday: Battle of the transparent greens.
Diptyque Eau de Lierre VS Comme des Garçons Amazing Green.

In my first wearing of Eau de Lierre it brought to mind Amazing Green so I thought I’d compare the two yesterday. Both are that transparent, almost aquatic type of green.
They are indeed very close, but the Diptyque is lighter, brighter and more naturalistic. A really nice example of this style. Not sure it will make it into my drawer this season, but I really enjoyed it yesterday. Then I also enjoyed Amazing Green, though I give the edge to the Diptyque offering.

Today: Parfum d’Empire - Iskander
I really don’t know how to describe this, it’s a chypre, but it has a very earthy feel. Inspiration being the dry shrubby terrain of Greece, which isn’t so different from the chaparral of Southern California. I don’t think this would be everyone’s cup of tea, but I really like it, hence it becoming the latest full bottle in my collection.

If one enjoys Guerlain Vetiver, this one will be of interest as well. Very clean & woody scent with a tinge of subtle sweetness. Not as rich or natural smelling as Guerlain Vetiver but, for under $15 US and a 200ml. bottle, who's complaining? I won't. Good stuff for the $$$...

View attachment 81570
Morabito must be into making great inexpensive alternatives to classics.
OR Black is my goto recommendation for a YSL Rive Gauche pour Homme alternative.

Lorenzo Villoresi - Uomo
The gold standard barbershop colonge. I don’t know why this doesn’t get much notice in the wetshaving world, as it’s very good, and something any classic wet shaver would enjoy.
Opening is an earthy citrus, with a amber fougere dry down to die for, and with terrific longevity as well.

Back