The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Hiram Green - Arcadia
Today was the webinar with Hiram Green in his lab/studio. We were sent samples of all the key ingredients of the fragrance, and of course, a sample of the final product.
We sprayed all the ingredients on strips and then he walked us though each ingredient, explaining thing like it’s role in the fragrance, and it’s individual scent, origins in perfumery etc. Really fascinating for a frag head like me, and great to make contact with the actual perfumer, and arguably the top guy in natural perfumes today.

Arcadia itself is a terrific fougere, very barbershop overtones, but still a work of art all it’s own, unique yet still giving a strong fougere impression. Worth sampling for sure.

1650817514549.jpeg

Hiram Green - Arcadia
Today was the webinar with Hiram Green in his lab/studio. We were sent samples of all the key ingredients of the fragrance, and of course, a sample of the final product.
We sprayed all the ingredients on strips and then he walked us though each ingredient, explaining thing like it’s role in the fragrance, and it’s individual scent, origins in perfumery etc. Really fascinating for a frag head like me, and great to make contact with the actual perfumer, and arguably the top guy in natural perfumes today.

Arcadia itself is a terrific fougere, very barbershop overtones, but still a work of art all it’s own, unique yet still giving a strong fougere impression. Worth sampling for sure.

View attachment 81179
That sounds like a really neat experience

Etat Libre d’Orange - You or Someone Like You
I had high hopes for this as a summer frag, sadly not to be. Almost all the reviews talk this up as a fresh minty scent, and that’s why you need to take reviews with a huge pinch of salt. This is a green florist’s rose in the opening, and then it goes to a fresh out of the shower soapy smell.
The inspiration should have clued me in, it’s supposed to smell like a women from SoCal, and well, by gosh it does, takes me back to being a teenager and how the girls I dated smelled. I.e. a nice smell, but not even close to what I was expecting, or wanting on me.
I’m sure my wife or daughter would like this, I’m sure it’s unisex, but way too many connotations for me to personally wear.
Sample first when you can kiddos!

Looks like @GlazedBoker and I are twins today.

Narciso Rodriguez - For Him

Essentially a floral musk, iris ( a touch of powder), violet ( a touch of shimmer), and musk ( a touch of clean).
Oddly it was yesterday’s girly let down that made me try this later last night, I figured why not after all, I’ve already been smelling like a teen age girl all day.

I guess it was the contrast, this just blew me away last night, after being fairly meh about it first wearing. So I had to give it a full wear today. Glad I decided to make this blind buy ;).

Moral of the story, if at first you don’t like a frag, keep it anyway, you might love it later.

1650990868063.jpeg

One of the finest from Floris to my nose. I purchased their sample pack some time ago an narrowed it down to two fragrances. Honey Oud and this one here, Neroli Voyage. The blending is superb with citrus, marine notes & the neroli giving an air of class yet relaxed sophistication. Has a woody undertone that carries the fragrance subtlety from start to finish. Unisex created but, to me leans more masculine to my nose. Wonderful stuff....

375x500.54886.jpg

Back