The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Parle Moi de Parfum - Cedar Woodpecker
More our class from Parle Moi de Parfum. A really great all arounder, hard to imagine a setting where it wouldn’t work.
This isn’t a typical pencil shaving cedar, rather, much richer, almost like the cedar sap has become crystalized ambered powder.

parle-moi-de-parfum-cedar-woodpecker-10-3-768x768.jpg

Tom Ford - Beau de Jour
Aromatic lavender, herbs, and amber.
Creates a sort of fizzy amber/lavender powdery effect, that just shines in spring.
I bought this just before Christmas, thinking it was a deep winter scent, due to the have benzoin/amber I got from the sample strip. I didn't expect to like this even more this time of year, but I really comes to life in the crisp sunny spring air.

IMG_9958.jpeg

Tom Ford - Beau de Jour
Aromatic lavender, herbs, and amber.
Creates a sort of fizzy amber/lavender powdery effect, that just shines in spring.
I bought this just before Christmas, thinking it was a deep winter scent, due to the have benzoin/amber I got from the sample strip. I didn't expect to like this even more this time of year, but I really comes to life in the crisp sunny spring air.

View attachment 80866
One of my favorite barbershop scents!

Le Galion - Vetyver
I’ve been off vetiver for a while after a massive overdose when I first got into frags. The love is coming back, I’ve worn this the last three days.
Very light green take on the subject, clearly sage and the driest sandalwood I’ve ever tried give it an aromatic yet arid feeling that complement rather than exacerbates rising temps. I’ve got a feeling this will become a summer favorite. (Like @Scuttlesoap I’m on a summer frag quest, but BY SAMPLING FIRST!) Thankfully Le Galion was ind enough to gift me 2 10 ml samples, so that will likely last me.

Tauer Perfumes - Sundowner
I don’t know the deal with words now, a segment of folks were turned off by the name, but it’s clearly a reference to the cocktail, and when it’s meant to be consumed.
Sadly, this wasn’t for me, at least not on the warm day I sampled it, very much a cool weather amber scent. I expected the cocktail and citrus to feature more, foolishly. This is a good scent, especially for cinnamon lovers. For me, it’s like a mix of Histoires de Parfums 1899 and Ambre 114, so not something I’d likely pick up, but I’m glad I finally tried one of Andy Tauer’s creations.

Last edited:
Le Galion - Cologne Nocturne
My wife was sitting next to the ‘fragrant drawer’ as I went to grab today’s FOTD, and gave me a look. I grabbed this and let her sniff it for approval.
“Are we going out tonight?!”, was the reply.
Smells like victory!

My favorite movie The Natural comes to mind - “Pick me out a winner Bobby”

1650741418664.jpeg

Back