The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Yesterday: Le Galion Cologne Nocturne
The season is changing and time for lighter easy wears, this stuff is really incredible, they call it an amber water, it’s not a typical cologne for sure, but wears like one, it’s a bit of a cologne met a woody barbershop scent. I really love this one, and of all the Le Galions I have, it’s the easiest reach, and that’s sort of what I’m enjoying right now.

Etat Libre d’Orange: Cologne
Well it’s exactly what it says on the bottle, a somewhat modernized colonia scent, that has decent longevity as a skin scent. Starts very bright citrus fruit (not the flowers) and morphs to a leather / incense, but not overpowering at all. I burned though my sample and have 100 ml of this on the way. Another super easy daily driver scent for me.

Finally got one at a decent price. This is the forerunner for Oud Wood. Same Emperor just more majestic in feel and performance. Plus a bit of bitter sweetness in the drydown that exudes a thoughtful and mature self assurance. If one can swing it, give it a shot. One of TF's finest creations, ever.

IMG_05071.jpg

Back