The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Two days ago Diptyque Eau de Lierre, a modern easy wearing sheer green, it’s a bit vegetal, with an “Ivy” note, and goes towards an green ozone woody thing, that’s a really light perfect for the heat scent, and just different enough to keep it interesting.
I’ve been looking for a green summer scent and I think this will be it.

Yesterday Histoires de Parfums 1899 (Ernest Hemingway) - I think I just need some time away from this. I’ve been wear a lot of very dry fragrances, and the sweetness in this really went down well. Great juice, juniper and spices.

Today Diptyque Tempo, Patchouli, Matte, Violet, really the most easy wearing patchouli in my collection. They give very generous samples, so still working on that, but I’ll be buying a full bottle.

Le Galion - Eau Noble
So good, masculine green chypre, sunshiny citrus opening, geranium lavender mid, and moss, leather base. Class in a bottle, but still totally works with a T-shirt, at least for me :)
I love me so Chypre!

This if fun juice, glad I picked up a bottle, I decided to seeing it had been discontinued, and was available at a good price Opening is like a more aromatic Eloge du Triatre, with what I think is myrtle shinning through, but there’s a aromatic aspect to it, really quite heavy, like the way shoe polish in a tin is aromatic.
Well then it morphs into a very aromatic saddle soap, with that herbal undertone.
I’m not a huge sprayer, usually 2-3 sprays does it for me. Even that had my eyes almost watering the first few wears, it’s that aromatic, and well, it’s kind of cool.

I had to go up into the cold attic today, so went with this to heat my nostrils up, and it worked a treat.

1648984052330.jpeg

Hiram Green - Arcadia
Tested the sample for the webinar. This is good stuff! Like many houses Hiram's scents have a DNA and it really comes out here, but layered over an absolute banger classic fougere. I'm not doing it justice to call the DNA a rubbery bandaid scent, but it gives the idea, and somehow it really works.
I'm fascinated by scents that have a sort of 3 dimensionality, that smell different on the wrist than in the air, and where you can almost feel that all the elements somehow come together in the air to make something greater than it's parts.
This has all of that.
As for the fougere component, I guess I'd say what if you asked someone to make a quality version of Brut?
This will surely end up in my collection at some point, and having got a discount coupon for the seminar, it's surely going to be before that expires!

Back