The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

How is it Gus? Worth the buy to round out the Homme collection for something summery?

You know Chris, DHS for carrying the Sport designation is a much classier scent and is not your typical daily fresh or gym scent. This is well put together and is a very versatile fragrance, dressed up or down it works well. Any time of year for any occasion. If summer though or high heat is the order of the day, Dior Homme Cologne would be the better bet. It’s a simple clean, citrus and light musk fragrance that‘s almost like a light tart cooling lemonade drink in the heat of summer, just so refreshing. Probably lasts no more than 4 maybe 5 hours at best. Again, it’s a cologne concentration so just spray to your hearts content. They both work well for the spring & summer with the cologne being my pick for the hottest of days. The Sport is a 2017 batch & the Cologne is a 2016 batch. Can’t tell you on the newer releases of each of these but, people seem to like them. Francois Demachy created an incredible line up with the Dior Homme line. Not one failure in the collection if you ask me.

Good luck Chris on your search and fragrance journey.

D8EDCAFA-AF64-4D24-8F7E-E8D1FD812BD2.jpeg

You know Chris, DHS for carrying the Sport designation is a much classier scent and is not your typical daily fresh or gym scent. This is well put together and is a very versatile fragrance, dressed up or down it works well. Any time of year for any occasion. If summer though or high heat is the order of the day, Dior Homme Cologne would be the better bet. It’s a simple clean, citrus and light musk fragrance that‘s almost like a light tart cooling lemonade drink in the heat of summer, just so refreshing. Probably lasts no more than 4 maybe 5 hours at best. Again, it’s a cologne concentration so just spray to your hearts content. They both work well for the spring & summer with the cologne being my pick for the hottest of days. The Sport is a 2017 batch & the Cologne is a 2016 batch. Can’t tell you on the newer releases of each of these but, people seem to like them. Francois Demachy created an incredible line up with the Dior Homme line. Not one failure in the collection if you ask me.

Good luck Chris on your search and fragrance journey.

View attachment 78371
Thanks Gus! Just can’t get enough of DHP and DHI! A shame I don’t live in year round arctic weather to enjoy them 24/7 😂

Sounds like DHC and DHS will be great as things start to head toward summer. Might as well invest in the whole line and get regular Homme too. Thankfully I started at the expensive end of the line first lol. Thanks for your thoughts 😎👍

Think Creed Aventus with a touch of Initio Oud for Greatness and sprinkle of MFK BR540. I'm not a big fan of BK540 and Oud for Greatness just didn't work for me but, in this creation from Afnan Supremacy Not Only Intense it works quite well together.
20220304_162651.jpg

Back