The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Today -
AM: Tested a sample of Le Galion Bourrasque,
A very nice amber, similar to Histoires de Parfums Ambre 114, but not a cloyingly sweet, a real treat for amber fans.

PM: Caron Le 3eme Homme, this is really becoming a top favorite of mine, truly niche quality at a great price. Really a classic masculine, lemon, clove, ambergris, more than the sum of it's parts.

I've. done. fair bit of sampling this week, as spring is coming on.
Some highlights:
Battle of the colognes:
Le Galion: Cologne, terrific and lasting cologne, with a strange cigar saw note that just pops up out of nowhere and disappears just as fast. Opens virtues, and jasmine, white florals pop in to keep the fragrance alive.
Lorenzo Villoresis Uomo: Superb cologne with perhaps the best dry down of any I've tried. On my buy list for sure. Highly recommended.
Parfum d'Empire: Azemor les Orangers, another jasmine back citrus.
Parfum d'Empire Yuzu Fou: Bitter yuzu opening, another nice one that has legs.

and not a cologne style but one I really liked
Parfum d'Empire Iskander, I loved this, very much like Tom Ford Fougere Platine, e.g. a green, aromatic herbal, but the TF is a Fougere, this is more of a chypre, with a fabulous oak moss base. Just superb, I also found it more wearable than the RF, a little softer, less synthetic. And also a lot less expensive!

Etat Libre d'Orange - Eloge du Traitre
Such a great green herbal fougere. Feels like a stroll through a rustic village, overgrown gardens, meandering creeks, and lived in cottages. Stew has been cooking all day, and the workers are coming home after a day of hard graft.

Back