The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Continuing through the Lorenzo Villoresi samples -

Piper Nigrum: So far, Chinese 5 spice with extra nutmeg, not so thrilled, but probably more because I'm not in the mood for it, and expected something different, something PEPPERY! (If you want a great black pepper, check out the Comme des Garcons one)

the Spezie I tried yesterday, and didn't even bother to say what it smelled like, basically a vegetal green, that earthy vegetables in the bin type of green, which for me is the only type of green I don't like that much.

At least from the sample, both of these have fairly weak projection, which might also be putting me off, because I'm not in the mood for that right no either. But that's not a reason to dock points, sometimes a close scent is just the ticket, and if you enjoy the scent profiles of these, I can say they are well done, and very natural smelling.

Don't worry amigo, I'll pick up the slack for you...

View attachment 58167
BRAH you need like 16-20 sprays of that juice BRAH

iu

Lorenzo Villoresi - Patchouli

Ok, I'm a patch head, if you're not, steer clear of this one.
If you are, it's great, opens with a very pure smelling patchouli, boozy and minty to my nose. Dry down brings in masculine classics, lavender, oak moss, sandalwood, really nice classic masculine base.
The only let down, which has been running across the brand, projection and longevity aren't so great, but the actually scent composition is really good. That's fairly common when houses use a lot of naturals, so it's really hard to fault.

Back