The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Trumper Eau de Quinine (vintage). Like many of the older fragrances, this had developed a dark brown sediment at the bottom (as seen in the image), so I filtered it through a paper coffee filter.
5ChuZQc.jpg

Le Galion - Sang Bleu
This is a really classic masculine scent, reviewers say it's similar to Kouros without the heavy animailic touch. For me, it's really reminding me of my all time favorite aftershave, Floid Blue. Great stuff.

Follow up on Special for Gentleman, at first I was ambivalent, but the dry down was really nice, and I resprayed in the evening, and it was a hard love, very similar to Beau de Jour, but with more subtlety and complexity.

So far this house has lived up to the promise, I'm a big fan of old school fragrances made new for our era, and these are that with spangles. Nothing dated smelling about either, but they have that old school, something more going on vibe. Guys, if you get a chance, seriously, check this house out.

Le Galion - Cuir

A very nice, straightforward leather. Reminds me of what I think a niche English Leather would be. In other words, this house is KILLING ME!

Leather is a tough scent for me, most just smell of birch tar to me, which isn't leather, it's birch tar, a common product here in Finland. This is the kind of leather I've personally been looking for, it's ticking all the boxes, and that's exciting as I've tried a lot that don't.

Follow up on Sang Bleu, very much Floid blue vibes, but longer lasting and with a soapy phase before the leathery one kicks in late dry down. The soap is in the Irish Spring vain, but of course if it smelled like Floid Blue.

Last edited:
Back