The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Working through the Lorenzo Villoresi sample set
Sandalo
A very nice sandalwood, has a bit of depth and almost animalic undertones in the opening, not bad at all, but not Mysore either, of course not, how could it be. Boy I miss that stuff. However, the dry down is deep and wonderful, and where I find it really begins to shine, beautiful stuff.

Following up on yesterday's Uomo, the opening was very close to the Colonia, but here again it was the masculine dry down that made it shine, basically a wonderful oakmoss like base, that gave the fragrance legs. I almost regret not getting Uomo instead, but the Colonia felt like the safe bet at the time.

I'm big on good dry downs, and constantly feel like that's the failing point of so many frags, so that's really making me appreciate this house more as I sample it. These aren't loud, but whenever I catch a whiff of the dry down, I've stopped and noticed how good it smells, not a hint of 'cheap' synthetics here. Not that I have a problem with synthetics, but there is something I find special here.

Floris Moss Rose (vintage)
KnQpu9G.jpg

Back